Summer polo tournaments are wrapping up on the east coast and that means that the fall/winter polo season will be heating up down in Wellington!
During the spring and summer, Wellington based teams typically migrate throughout the United States as tournaments are held on both the east and west coasts.
The USPA East Coast Open 20-Goal Polo Championship final was held on Sunday September 6th (Audi vs White Birch) at the Greenwich Polo Club in Connecticut. Audi won this exciting tournament in front of a record number of fans in overtime, resulting in a 14-13 victory, defeating White Birch, and ending their 13 game winning streak.
With this win, Audi Polo has won every major high-goal tournament in the US, and hopes to carry that winning streak back to Florida for the winter season!
We are very appreciative to Aurora Jarett-Goldstein of Wellington Photo who has graciously offered to share some of her polo coverage with Wellington Equestrian Realty. Aurora covers all of the Sunday IPC (International Polo Club) games and travels to England, Argentina & Spain to also cover the sport. You can see all of her coverage and social media updates on WellingtonPolo.com
Aurora reported that, “Audi Polo is based in Wellington – the Patron is Marc Ganzi, who with his wife Melissa also run the Grand Champions Polo Club in Wellington, offering both medium-goal Spring polo tournaments and Fall medium & high-goal polo tournaments. Audi Polo Team competes in the 20 & 26-goal high goal polo at International Polo Club during the winter season. Following their win of the Greenwich Polo Club, they have now won every high-goal tournament in the United States.”
Polo is synonymous with the Wellington/Palm Beach region, and a main attraction to all those who chose to buy real estate and compete in other equestrian disciplines in this area.
For those who cannot get enough of polo, live streaming coverage of the Grand Champions Fall Season, which will be based in Wellington beginning on September 30th, is covered by http://chukkertv.com!
Here is the Sunday Wellington Polo Schedule for IPC which will begin in January:
- 2016 High Goal Polo Sundays start January 3, 2016.
- January 3, 2016: Herbie Pennell Cup Final
- January 10, 2016: Joe Barry Cup
- January 17, 2016: Joe Barry Cup
- January 24, 2016: Joe Barry Cup Final
- January 31, 2016: Ylvisaker Cup
- February 7, 2016: Ylvisaker Cup
- February 14, 2016: Ylvisaker Cup
- February 21, 2016: Ylvisaker Cup Final
- February 28, 2016: C.V. Whitney Cup
- March 6, 2016: C.V. Whitney Cup Final
- March 13, 2016: Gold Cup
- March 20, 2016: Gold Cup
- March 27, 2016: Gold Cup Final
- April 3, 2016: 112th U.S. Open
- April 10, 2016: 112th U.S. Open
- April 17, 2016: 112th U.S. Open
- April 24, 2016: 112th U.S. Open Final